One more project finished! I made this for a friend's grandson. Overall I'm pleased with the construction. I tried making this entire outfit pretending I didn't have a zigzag stitch on my sewing machine or a serger. I used mostly flat felled seams with my feller foot. I actually have two feet, different sizes and used both. Some of the seams don't lie as flat as I had hoped and I'll probably get a bad mark for that from the judges. And then we have this:
I am terrible at dealing with the whole button placket meets the seam sort of thing. There is always fraying (even when I stay stitch) and this time it was worse because I tried to use a flat felled seam and probably shouldn't have. So I came up with the brilliant idea to sew a little patch there to cover up the ugliness. Even though that little doggy is cute, I feel like it screams, "I'm trying to hide something!
Here is a picture of Macy's completed shorts and Eleanor's skirt. They will be competing against each other in the same division. I tried to figure out how to make it not that way, but if we had entered them into the adult category, I'm not sure they would have received a ribbon. At least knowing a child under nine made these will give the judges a lot of compassion!