Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ben's "You be the Judge" challenge

You'll notice I added something new on my sidebar. Ben has challenged me to make a pillowcase a day, everyday until the entries for the 2009 "You Be the Judge" contest are due. He knows that the most entries will win a prize and he thinks 365 pillowcases will be the most. The pillowcases will be donated to Conkerr Cancer, a group that provides fun and cheery pillowcases to chronically ill children. What he doesn't know is that I am very committed to the "You be the Judge" contest at our county fair. Although winning is nice, I participate because I like to use my sewing talents to help others.

I'm up for the challenge. I have a lot of cute fabrics in my stash that I can use, but the reality is that I don't have enough to make 365 pillowcases. To buy that fabric will be expensive, so if you have some fun and cute 100% cotton or flannel fabrics you no longer want and would like to donate, please e-mail me (trentmicki1993 at yahoo dot com).

I'll keep track of my progress in the side bar and have periodic updates on my blog.

1 comment:

mamafitz said...

how much yardage do you need for a pillowcase? i'm sure i have stuff here. are juvenile prints ok? what about knits?