Tuesday, July 31, 2012

9 days and counting

Nine days? Really? Yikes! Well I did get two things accomplished today and I hope to work on some more stuff tonight if I can stay awake. I finished the above dress for the same friend who I made the stuffed penguin and baby hat for. This is all the penguin stuff I'm doing for the fair, except for a cross-stitch, but I'm keeping that after the fair. I'm so pleased with how this dress turned out. I used Simplicity 5695, view D, but I lengthened it, left off the bottom ruffle and added a fake waistband in which I threaded elastic in to give it some more shape. I saw a similar style of dress on youcanmakethis.com. I embroidered the penguin using my sewing machine. I love it!

I also crocheted a flower for my felted bag and then felted the flower in the wash. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Now I need to attach it to the bag and maybe add a button to the center of it or something. Pictures when I'm done.

I have a lot to complete and a few things I haven't even cut out yet, but hey there's still 9 days and counting. Plenty of time. ;)

No comments: