Sunday, January 04, 2009

I would like some cheese with this whine.

I had a stressful Christmas. Kate had pink eye which I got plus I had a horrible ear infection (that is still not quite gone) with a lovely pounding headache to go with it and so I was in much pain and misery while I was getting everyone packed up and ready to go on a trip I did not want to go on. I kept telling myself that I was doing this for the kids and Trent, but I never felt good and it was a struggle the entire time. I wasn't very happy and so I wasn't much fun to be around. Kate came down with a new respiratory virus the day we left to come back home and so we seemed to be back where we were before we even left.
This is what we made for Christmas presents. They didn't turn out very well and looked very homemade. I meant to get these sent out before Christmas, but I was sick and Kate was sick and we had to leave and it never got done. I won't be mailing them anytime soon since after I took this picture I knocked them off the table and they broke.

Let's hope 2009 a bit more fairworthy.

1 comment:

Doreen said...

Oh Micki. I feel your pain. 17 years ago when I was having my first baby at the beginning of Dec (yes, that long ago) i decided that Christmas was always going to be at my house. I've stuck to my guns all but one year and that was just before my in-laws children were going to scatter to the seven seas for the rest of their lives. Now that they live close I say, we spend Christmas morning here and travel after we have lunch. But we are only going 2.5 hours down the road. I feel for you. I know that pain. My mother-in-law, bless her heart, is a perfectionist and doesn't like to have her beautiful house touched. You can only imagine what five boys and one girl can do to her house! Maybe next year you put your foot down and go for the new year!