Thursday, October 25, 2012

Let the Halloween costumes begin!!


 This year Claire wanted to be the opposite of what she was last year. Do the pictures above give you a clue?
 How about this?
 It's Mother Gothel in all her glory! We couldn't find a curly black wig that wasn't outrageously expensive, so this $8.00 one from Target will have to do.  I used McCall's 5499 to make Claire's dress. I squared the neckline and combined the straight sleeves with the bell sleeve part to make a single flaired sleeve. I bought the material at Joann's in their clearance rack-it was drapery fabric marked down to $3.00/yard. Woo Hoo!

I love the back of this dress. The pattern doesn't call for a zipper, but there was no way I was lacing Claire into this thing every time she wanted to wear it. So I added a zipper and then sewed one side of the back closure part to the dress and added velcro to the other side. Now it's very easy to get in and out of!
 Here she is, next to Kate who is modeling the Rapunzel dress I made for Claire last year. What a difference! Up next is a Minnie Mouse dress for Kate!

No comments: