Friday, August 14, 2009

Fair entries are in.

Yesterday and today we entered all the items we have sewn, baked, created, photographed, and decorated. Too many pictures (which I didn't have time to take), but I'll include a few.

Claire entered Chocolate Chip cookies and a pillowcase for "You be the Judge".

One of Eleanor's Photos
Eleanor entered:
brownies
a skirt made from Simplicity 9854
pillowcase for "You be the Judge."
2 photos
various drawings/paintings/etc. from art class and home this year

One of Macy's Photos
Macy entered:
chocolate fudge
skirt made from Simplicity 9854
pillowcase for "You be the Judge"
4 photos
Girl Scout SWAP collection
Lego sculpture
Clay mug made in Art this year
various drawings/paintings/etc. from art class and home this year.

One of Ben's Photos
Ben entered:
Two drawings.
pinewood derby car
5 photos
chocolate chunk/reeses peanut butter cup cookies
one pair of sleep shorts McCalls 9206
pillowcase for "You be the Judge"

One of Trent's Photos
Trent entered:
Three Photos
One decorated toilet:

"the playing field" complete with players, cheerleaders, goal posts and a ref.

"the jumbo tron"
As for me I entered:
5 photos
Salted White Chocolate chunk Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Mint Sandwich cookies
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (of which I forgot to add vanilla and almond extract to my glaze-ugh!)
Skirt from Simplicity 9854
Bridesmaid dress made from New Look 6864 out of yellow linen
Claire's Dress from Simplicity 2918
Dress from McCalls's 8108

Powder Puff from AS&E Issue #73

Simplicity 2876 complete with bound buttonholes

Maya's Heirlooms Annika

124 pillowcases for "You be the Judge"
Three will be entered for the actual contest. These were for a separate contest for most pillowcases sewn. At the time I entered, I had indeed entered the most. I will find out by the end of the week if I was beat in that category or not!

The aftermath of a morning of non-stop baking. Oh how I love the fair!

No comments: