Monday, May 05, 2008

Baby bumbo

Kate is big enough to sit in her Bumbo seat now! A dear friend of mine bought this for me and I was excited to try it out! Kate can only last a couple of minutes since she's still fairly young, but I think in the next couple of weeks, she'll really start to like it. It's very nice and portable. I used it the other day so she could be with me while I switched the laundry from the washer to the dryer. I wish they had these when my others were her age. They were so much happier once they could sit up on their own. This would have helped! We used the Boppy, but it didn't work as well.
It is teacher appreciation week this week and the PTA provides lunch for the teachers/staff every day except Friday when it's just desserts. Tomorrow is all American day and I made a Jello salad and two apple pies, one of which is pictured above. I got the recipe from The Pioneer Woman. I have tried a few of Ree's recipes and they've all turned out really well. This one I'm not so sure. I used the pie crust from her site as well and I'm having doubts about it too. I want to cut a slice out of this pie just to try it. If I drop the pies off when no one is in the teacher's lounge, they'll just think another teacher couldn't wait and had a piece of pie, right?

Each year I donate food for everyday and this year is no exception, even with the baby. The problem is I'm worried that the things I make are not going over well at all. I make the food, it looks okay, but there is always lots left over. I know the pie above doesn't look great-it dripped every where! I'm not the best baker, I'll admit, but I thought this would be easy and yummy. If I could just try a sliver-just a sliver would probably be okay, don't you think? :) I was hoping this would be good practice should I want to try my hand at a pie for the fair. I need a LOT more practice.

No comments: