Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fair Results

This is my first entry! I just wanted to use this to keep track of my sewing/crafting projects that I work on throughout the year. Every August I then take what I deem is Fairworthy and enter them. Sometimes the judges agree and sometimes they don't! This year I entered 9 items in the fair. Four photographs, cookies and two dresses. I only got two ribbons and those were for the two dresses. It was a slow year for me! Here are pictures of the items that did get a ribbon:

The above dress is one I made for my daughter Ellie for her first day of preschool last year. It received a red ribbon.
This dress is one I made for my daughter Macy for her first day of Kindergarten. I was very surprised to get a champion ribbon for it! I didn't think it was very good and didn't think it was fairworthy, but my husband encouraged me to enter it since there are fewer and fewer entries every year. So it took a champion ribbon in the smocking division of the clothing section of the home arts building. Now I will tell you that I wouldn't have given it more than a red and it was one of only three items entered for smocking. Let's hope I can get a few more items finished this year-ones I feel are truly worthy of a big purple ribbon!

No comments: